Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 5 Minutes
24 hours before you’ve decided to enjoy your shrimp, remove from freezer and place in your refrigerator completely defrost. Once defrosted, take shrimp out of your refrigerator 10 minutes before cooking and allow it to come to room temperature. Do not attempt to defrost your shrimp at room temperature or under running water.
- Dry defrosted shrimp with a paper towel. Toss shrimp with minced garlic, 5 spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and cornstarch until mostly smooth (a few small lumps are ok).
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium high heat. Cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side until opaque and cooked through, turning them with tongs.
- Turn off the heat and remove the shrimp from the pan. Add the honey soy mixture to the pan and stir until thickened, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Once thickened, add the shrimp back into the pan and coat evenly with the sauce. Garnish with scallion to serve.
- Serve shrimp over rice.
- Add chopped cashew or peanut to finished dish for added texture and flavor.
- Stir in additional vegetables such as broccoli or carrots.
Mar 07, 2022