Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes
24 hours before you’ve decided to enjoy your salmon, remove from freezer and place in your refrigerator to fully defrost. Once defrosted, take your salmon out of your refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking and allow it to come to room temperature. Do not attempt to defrost your salmon at room temperature or under running water.
- Pat defrosted salmon dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix honey, hot sauce, citrus juice until combined and set aside.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add oil.
- Place salmon in pan skin side down and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn salmon over and add garlic to pan continuing to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add honey mixture and citrus wedges to pan and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Turn salmon over so skin side is down again and add butter to pan. Turn off flame and swirl pan allowing butter to incorporate to honey mixture. Spoon sauce over salmon as it slowly thickens.
- Remove salmon to a plate, spoon sauce over, and garnish as desired.
- Experiment with different hot sauces to create unique hot honey mixtures
- Experiment with different citrus - I used orange, but try lemon, lime, or pineapple!
- I smash the garlic to avoid burning the garlic, but also so that the garlic flavors the honey, but can be picked out after cooking to not eat it.