Defrosting A5 Wagyu
- Remove The Seasoned Carte Wagyu from freezer. Place in refrigerator to fully defrost 48 hours prior to cooking.
- Once defrosted, take Wagyu out of refrigerator 10 minutes before cooking to allow it to coe to room temperature.
- IMPORTANT: Do not defrost Wagyu at room temperature, in water, or under running water. Never defrost Wagyu in the microwave.
Tips on Preparing A5 Wagyu
- Although you may wish to cook the Wagyu as one full steak, slicing into small 1-inch strips prior to cooking will deliver the best eating experience.
- Sprinkle the Wagyu with salt, and if desired, cracked black pepper before cooking. This is optional, as you may want to enjoy the natural flavor of the Wagyu unseasoned.
- Heat pan over medium high heat. No need to add any fat or oil, as the natural high fat and marbling of the Wagyu will slowly melt out and be more than sufficient for a golden-brown exterior.
- Add Wagyu to the pan sear for 1 t0 2 minutes on all sides.
- Remove wagyu from the pan. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and enjoying.
Defrosting Method for All Seafood Items
- Remove seafood item from freezer. Place in refrigerator to fully defrost 24 hours prior to cooking.
- Once defrosted, take item out of refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- IMPORTANT: Do not defrost items at room temperature, in water, or under running water. Never defrost in the microwave.