4 min read
Wagyu Strip Steak With Teriyaki Potatoes Recipe
Welcome in winter with a flavorful Wagyu dinner and hearty potatoes in a Teriyaki glaze! Add this recipe to your meal rotation and enjoy.
Serves: 2-4 | Prep time: 25 min. | Cook time: 55 min.
(2) The Seasoned Carte Kagoshima A5 Japanese Wagyu New York Strip
A5 Wagyu New York Strip | Kagoshima
1 x 5 oz.
- Wash potatoes under cold water and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium flame and add butter to melt. Next add garlic, ginger, and scallion and cook about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce and teriyaki to garlic ginger mixture and allow to cook an additional minute. Remove pan from heat.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and toss with teriyaki mixture to coat well. Season with cracked black pepper if desired.
- Add potatoes and any sauce to roasting pan and place in oven. Cook for approximately 35-40 minutes stirring 2-3 times during cooking.
- Potatoes are cooked when golden brown, and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Garnish potatoes with chopped cilantro and sesame seeds if desired.
The Seasoned Carte Kagoshima A5 Japanese Wagyu
- Remove defrosted Wagyu from refrigerator and pat dry with paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
You can cook your steak as one piece, or cut your Wagyu into 1” strips (see photo above).
- Heat heavy bottom sauté pan or cast-iron pan over medium high flame.
If desired, season Wagyu with kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Place Wagyu in heated pan (no need to add oil as natural fat from steak will be enough to cook), and sear on first side 1-2 min until golden brown and flip steak. Allow steak to cook 1-2 minutes more. Be sure to also cook steak on rounded edges for 1-2 minutes to completely sear.
Note: Cook steak 1-2 minutes per side for a rare steak; 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove steaks from pan and place on cutting board to rest for 5 min. Slice steak and serve with Teriyaki potatoes.
- Use Roasted Garlic Herb Butter in place of regular butter, omit fresh chopped garlic
- Use petite whole potatoes and roast whole for a different presentation
- Reserve 2 Tbsp. of teriyaki mixture from potatoes and brush on Wagyu before cooking.
Dec 22, 2021