Serves: 6 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes
24 hours before you’ve decided to enjoy your shrimp, remove from freezer and place in your refrigerator completely defrost. Once defrosted, take shrimp out of your refrigerator 10 minutes before cooking and allow it to come to room temperature. Do not attempt to defrost your shrimp at room temperature or under running water.
2 x 8oz.
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (sambal, sriracha, gochujang, or similiar)
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, and chili paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix scallion, carrot, radish, and cilantro.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to high.
- Pat defrosted shrimp dry with a paper towel. Remove tails, toss with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked. Remove shrimp from grill and allow to cool slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with spicy dressing until well coated.
- Place 3-4 shrimp into each bun and top with radish carrot mixture.
- Drizzle shrimp rolls with extra dressing if desired.
- Use your favorite seasoning or rub on the shrimp.
- Lightly butter and toast rolls on grill.
- Top with chopped cashew or peanut to finished shrimp rolls for added texture and flavor.
Jul 06, 2022