3 min read
Roasted South African Lobster Tails Recipe
One of our favorite lobster tail recipes from our own Chef Chris! Perfect for entertaining guests. Check it out below.
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 15 min. | Cook time: 9-11 min.
(2) The Seasoned Carte South African Lobster Tails
South African Lobster Tails
2 x 6 oz.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Carefully melt butter in microwave oven, or in small sauce pan on stove top.
On a sheet pan or other oven safe dish, place the lemon and orange slices in two lines, and scatter the herbs, and garlic. Set aside.
Use a pair of kitchen shears, or a sharp chefs knife, to cut through center of Lobster Tails shell (just shell- do not cut through meat), starting from wide end and cutting almost to fin, without cutting fin.
Carefully separate shell halves and loosen Lobster meat, pulling meat up away from shell, being careful not to separate meat from fin end.
Carefully close the shell halves back together underneath the meat, and arrange the meat on top, and place Lobster Tails on top of lemon and orange slices on prepared sheet pan.
Season Lobster Tails with salt and pepper, brush with melted butter, and add wine to pan.
- Place pan in preheated oven and cook for 13-15 minutes, until Lobster Tails is firm and has reached an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Serve Lobster Tails on orange and lemon slices, and squeeze reserved lemon and orange over cooked lobster before serving.
- Try different herbs in place of dill and rosemary, such as thyme and oregano.
- Season Lobster Tails with smoked paprika or crushed red pepper flakes for a flavor boost.
Dec 22, 2021