Wagyu the whole family can enjoy! This delicious yet simple to make Wagyu recipe is perfect for families or dinner parties of 4.
- Remove Wagyu from refrigerator and pat dry with paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Heat heavy bottom sauté pan or cast-iron pan over medium high flame.
- If desired, season Wagyu with kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Place in heated pan (no need to add oil as natural fat from steak will be enough to cook), and sear on first side 1-2 min until golden brown and flip steak. Allow steak to cook 1-2 minutes more. Be sure to also cook steak on rounded edges for 1-2 minutes to completely sear.
Note: Cook steak 1-2 minutes per side for a rare steak; 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove steaks from pan and place on cutting board to rest.
- While Wagyu is resting add tomatoes and corn to skillet.
- Cook until tomatoes start to blister (about 4-5 minutes). Add garlic and stir. Continue to cook until tomatoes and corn are heated throughout. Add chopped parsley if desired.
- Slice rested Wagyu steaks and top with tomato and corn mixture.
- ¾ cup frozen corn can be substituted for fresh
- Save drained Wagyu fat and reserve for later use as you would butter or oil- sauté vegetables, roast potatoes, or baste other meats to add an unexpected umami element.
- Drizzle your finished dish with a good extra virgin olive oil
Oct 18, 2021